November 1

November 1

Postby Minutes Poster » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:48 pm

Rotonda West Association, Inc.
Community Relations Committee
Minutes
Wednesday November 1, 2017


PRESENT: Earl Haas (Chair), Russ Kulp (Liaison), Linda Bondeson, Ginni Mahon, Sue Superak, Andy Van Scyoc, Wayne Mengel, Barry Kean, David Pulaski, Sue Killion & George Burger
ABSENT: Christine Lee & Don Mahon
OTHER MEMBERS: (There was no sign up sheet, following is from my memory) Bob Bondeson, Hank Killion, Sam Besase, Stephen Froggatt, Steve Superak, Bob & Pat Dix, Pattie Cowan
MANAGEMENT: Scott Feldkamp
The meeting was called to order at 2:00 pm and roll call was taken. October minutes were approved via email.
WEST WAYS
• Christine did not provide an outline in time for the meeting
WEBSITE & FORUM
• No Report was received

OPEN HOUSE
• Sue Superak stated that she had the table plan complete and Scott would ensure all tables were placed correctly.
• Earl stated that Neighborhood Watch will help with parking.
• Scott Feldkamp working on getting some temporary lighting for the evening.
• Bob and Steve will monitor traffic inside the building
• Vendors will set up between 6 and 7
• Visitors will be let in when all Vendors are finished setting up (7:00pm)
• Linda stated that we have enough volunteers to man the tables.
• Hopefully we will get more volunteers sign up

CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS
• Pat Dix reported that everything is under control. We will be decorating from 11/13 to 11/15.
• Sue Killion stated that she will have her team start decorating the bridges on 11/13, and she might have 2 more volunteers.
• Pat Dix stated that she might organize a Pot Luck Supper at the Community Center to decorate the building.
• Scott stated that he has 2 trucks and 2 trailers that can be used.

CHRISTMAS PARADE
• Sue Superak stated that she has 11 applictions.
• Sue also reported that she had bad news about Lemon Bay Marching Band…They will not participate in the parade, however, Andy spoke up and stated that he will follow up because he does think that they will participate.
• RWA might be in the parade.
• Earl stated that Charlotte County Sheriff department will supply more volunteer units to assist.
• Earl stated that he may have a contact for more music. Linda to email applications
• Sue Killion stated that the trophies will be ready right after Thanksgiving.
• We need to give the American Legion a count on approx.. how many will be at the Legion.
• We received a note from Toys for Tots wanting to collect for that organization at our parade. A discussion followed and the committee all agreed that we will only collect for Englewood Helping Hands as we have for the past 8 years.

ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE
• Andy stated that they are working on the charter.

OLD BUSINESS
• Nothing to report

NEW BUSINESS
• Wayne Mengel stated that he has set the date with the Hills for Sunday March 4, 2018

The meeting adjourned at 2:58 and Sue Killion treated everyone to Thumbprint cookies that were marvelous. The next meeting will be held on December 6, 2017 2:00pm, at the Community Center.

Respectfully submitted,
Linda Bondeson
Minutes Poster
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:50 am

Return to 2017

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron