West Ways Mission Statement
West Ways is the official community newsletter of the Rotonda West Association published six times each year for residents and property owners
The role of the newsletter:
- To report proceedings of the Board of Directors that impact owners and residents
- To feature community projects initiated by the Association that enhance the appearance of the community and thus increase property values
- To recognize volunteers who are the backbone of the Association
- To alert owners to important events during the year, such as Board and committee meetings, Candidates Night and the Annual Meeting
- To encourage participation by the members in the affairs of the Association
- To recognize deserving members who have worthy human interest stories
- To promote the many amenities of the community and the area, including golf, fishing, boating, wildlife.
- To promote clubs, organizations and activities that serve the best interests of the Association and its members, such as Neighborhood Watch, the Rotonda West
Woman’s Club, Fiesta Association.
- To define governing documents of the Association such as By-laws and Deed Restrictions, as well as County services for residents.
- To feature additions/modifications to the Association website and direct people to the site for detailed information and to answer questions
Responsibilities of the Editor:
- To report the facts and avoid any biased or personal observations
- To identify and delete any material that may be deemed unacceptable for publication
- To prepare a list of proposed contents in advance of each issue for review by the Community Relations Committee
- To submit articles in draft form for approval to the appropriate committee chairmen or members interviewed or who provided data
- To submit page proofs of each issue for review and approval by the Board of Directors, Community Relations Committee and staff
- To recruit qualified writers, photographers and a layout specialist
- To work with the printer and review and approve press proofs before printing
Approved by the Board of Directors on July 11, 2007